Equine Assisted Learning: Offers individuals opportunities through interactions with equine companions to enhance life, social and communication skills. Horses are non judgemental and provide "in the moment" feedback which allows individuals to experience immediate feedback from their equine partners. Sessions are facilitated by a licensed OT, PT, or EAL certified instructor. As well as specially trained staff who have an understanding of both equine behavior and senses, and the interaction between the horse and the human.
Hippotherapy: Offers individuals a treatment strategy that utilizes equine movement as part of an integrated program to achieve functional outcomes. Treatment sessions are conducted by a licensed OT, PT, or speech-language therapist, as well as trainers who have extensive equine and people experience, or Hippotherapy certification, through PATH, International. (Professional Association of Therapeutic Horseman)
Therapeutic Riding: Offers individuals a treatment strategy that utilizes equine movement and reaction, through riding instruction, as part of an individual plan. Independent riding is used to achieve cognitive, physical and emotional outcomes. Treatment sessions are conducted by our PATH, International ( Professional Association of Therapeutic Horseman) Therapeutic Riding Instructor, Linda Field.
Please Call for Session Dates, Prices, and Reservations. ( 970-240-6007)
Thank You Veterans for our Freedom, now let our hooves be your wings...
Family Support Groups: We are forming focus groups, and support groups now. We understand the importance of reaching out to all of those who support individuals with challenges.
Wounded Warrior Program: 'Welcome Home Montrose'. Veterans Thank You for your
volunteer assistance and great spirits...It is our honor to serve you !
School and Youth Programs: Black Canyon Boys & Girls Club, Montrose High School, Browns Center, Hilltop Kids Programs, Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts of America. EAGALA, learning to know your horse.
Community Service Programs: Welcome Home Montrose , Montrose High School, 4Th of July Downtown Celebration, Main in Motion, Western Slope Rural Philanthropy Days, Mountain Man Festival, Farmers Market, Downtown Montrose
758 CHILDREN AND ADULTS HAVE RIDDEN OUR HORSES AND MULES THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERY INDIVIDUAL AND BUSINESS THAT HAS HELPED THE TEAM AT MTRC
1. Thank You Jeanne & Willy, and Black Canyon Ranchfor your generous donation..
2. Thank You Penny, andWalsh Quarter Horsesfor your kind donation.
3. Thank You Elk Ridge Trail Ridesfor donating your loving horses
4. Thank You All Volunteers who have, donated their time, and helped MTRC become the most popular event with our veterans from Welcome Home Montrose. Melanie & JBwe couldn't have done this without you ..
seechannel 5 KREX clip Facebook
5. Thank YouJohn & Linda Fieldfor your time, and expertise.
6. Thank YouBrent, Ron, Tim, Augie, John, Fred and HOME DEPOT
for our beautiful wheelchair ramp at MTRC , so many will benefit from
your generosity and kindness !!
7. Thank You, Double J Disposal Amber, Rachel, and Louie for your generous donation for our No Barriers week.
8. Thank YouJim PavlichMontrose High School Jiarasin, Nick, & Tyler
what a great job with the Wounded Warriors
9. Thank You to, JoeyColorado Mesa University for the generous donation of
a classroom for our Autism Lecture .
Benefit BBQ by Double J Disposal & RJ's Steakhouse
was a Great Success! We raised the monies for our ADA Toilet and more!!
Thank You everyone who donated their
Time-Money-Expertise-Love-Generosity and attendees...from MTRC ,
Clients, Veterans , kiddos and adults "ThankYou" for making this possible!!! We are only as good as the shoulders that we stand/ride on...Happy Trails new friends!